...Know, Grow, Go, Show, Sow
Director of Student and Family Ministries Calling and Characteristics
• Be a Believer who exemplifies a call from the Lord to minister to families.
• Have a passion for discipling teens, elementary students, and their families.
• Promote spiritual renewal and life-application of the Great Commission.
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Youth Ministry, Biblical Studies etc preferred. Consummate experience will be considered.
• Utilize strong organizational and leadership skills to work with multiple ministry teams.
• Communicate with busy families of today, leveraging social media and technology.
• Develop volunteer leadership and encourage spiritual commitment among leaders.
• Implement age-appropriate events and activities to foster spiritual community.
• Encourage “buy-in” to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and participating in life at SPC.
• Oversee all programming and ministry for youth (ages birth – 12th grade)
• This includes Sundays, weeknights, summer programming, special events, etc.
• Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and age level, that is consistent with the ministry vision of SPC leadership and SPC’s Statement of Faith.
• Develop intentional Christ-centered ministries as led by the Holy Spirit:
• Build new ministries that are spiritually rich, and done with excellence.
• Build ministries that unchurched/under-churched people value and want to attend
• Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate Biblical learning and encourage spiritual growth.
• Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers with a passion to make visions a reality. Hand off responsibilities appropriately and support these leaders.
• Provide care for children, teens and families within SPC, including: hospital visits; attendance at sporting, music and other ‘touchstone events” to foster community.
• Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families into SPC with every activity. We will not plan events for just ‘who is here’, but for those we want to meet Jesus Christ through SPC from the larger community.
• Christ Centered life: rooted in prayer and founded on the Word of God.
• Dedicated to building a Biblical, relational and Spirit-led ministries for families.
• Clearly called to ministry with students/families; able to articulate that call.
• Effective communicator to teens, kids, and adults with appropriate poise.
• Energized and self-motivated to achieve ministry goals, as set by leaders.
• Visionary in charting a new ministry course for teens, kids, and families.
• Dynamic in creating a relevant and engaging style of ministry.
• Humble and able to admit and learn from failures and mistakes.
• Team-Oriented leader who facilitates ownership in ministries for others.
• Patient in recognizing the need to follow God’s timing and leading.
• Teachable in spirit and practice, someone who listens to others well.
• Grace-oriented-not prone to quick judgement over relational accountability.
• Able to apply the timeless Word of God with modern tools and mediums.
• Gifted in organization and planning to build a new ministry paradigms.
• Supportive of Kids’ and Teen Ministries, promoting a holistic approach for families.
• Building relationships with our families, promoting a consistent Godly life.
• Passionate about reaching families and teens in our communities with the transforming power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (By Grace through Faith).
Student and Family Pastor Resolution:
Our Director of Student and Family Ministries will have made a prayerful resolution to minister with children, teens, families (and possibly assist with college students depending on his/her age and giftedness). He/She will possess at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Christian ministry., biblical studies or a similar field. An emphasis on student ministry or children/youth is preferred, though additional experience through other organizations is also considered (such as: Young Life, CCO, CRU, H2O, Youth Specialties or SYM Events etc. may apply). He/She will have a strong and obvious commitment to Jesus Christ and to the broader Kingdom of God.
He/She must be able to affirm the essential tenants of our Reformed Faith without exception.
He/She must believe that the Holy Scriptures are the infallible Word of God. He/She must submit to the ordship of Jesus Christ and the Session of the local church and affirm the calling of all Believers to Gospel ministry in their daily lives. The centrality of the Gospel, with Jesus Christ as the one and only means for salvation and reconciliation with God the Father must underpin all areas of ministry and life for the individual modeling faith and life for our teens in a postmodern world.
The Student and Family Pastor is accountable on a daily basis to the Lead Pastor, and Session of Stow Presbyterian Church. The Session, in accordance with historic presbyterian governance and our governing documents, have final authority over all staff matters with the Senior Pastor, who is Moderator of the Session.
The position offers competitive salary, medical coverage*, paid vacation, study/continuing education leave and vouchered expenses* (*Denotes negotiated stipends for medical and expenses as a part of an overall salary package). Salary will be commensurate with education and experience, as approved by the SPC Session. Two weeks paid vacation will be granted and one additional weekend (including a Saturday and Sunday), along with one week of study leave, as approved by the Session and Senior Pastor. The purchase and use of a computer (preferably Apple) by SPC for official church business will also be provided.
The deadline to apply for the Position is July 24th 2015 at midnight.